Sunday, September 21, 2008

Things that make me cringe

Last night I wandered down to a chicken place in my neighborhood to find some dinner before grabbing a taxi to go bowling... while I was sitting there what would come on the radio blaring through the store but... Public Affair by Jessica Simpson. Really? Of all the pop music in America? That? Eww. That's not the only recent moment of ewww...
The night before we headed over to Old Skool to dance only to have Christmas music blaring... I know it's after Thanksgiving here but it's a little early, right? Oh and the choice of Christmas tunes... Mirah Carey... all I want for Christmas. Let me let you ponder that for a minute... September 19th and Christmas tunes.


yeah.


So I've gotten used to hearing poppy music every where (except my apartment where I have a steady diet of Atlanta Singer Songwritters playing). When it's in Korean I can appreciate the whole it's got a beat and sounds like fun. But the choices of Americans that get picked up are just wrong some days.

I admit that a couple of weeks ago on the bus I did get a big grin about Kelly Clarkston's "Because of you" only cause it brought back a nice memory of a couple of guys I know having fun with it.
A few people asked me how I was going to survive with out live music... um.. still not sure. But my bus rides are accopanied by my ipod on shuffle, and I've found out there is an open mic night at a local bar on Wednesdays so I may have to go down and check it out soon. I did manage to see one decent Korean band my first weekend here at Club That... so I know every once in awhile I will get to see some live music but it's not going to be the same.

Oh and as a side note... I didn't make it to bowling, something got the better of me and I ended up at home a sleep by 9pm praying what ever got me would be over soon. Somedays being adventurous foodwise isn't the best choice.

No comments: