Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday... run of the mill odd

I had been asked a few weeks ago to do a "special project" for the DMOE here in Daegu. I'd agreed hell anything to get out of my crazy monday schedule. I didn't get directions as to how to get the the school I was headed to till I was getting in a cab to get to the subway. Thank god for some of the people I came in with we're all good at taking care of each other. It was a combination of texts and emails we all managed to get to the school in time to take care of the project. I enjoyed it more than I would have the rest of the day at my school I'm sure. I then got to hang on the subway with two of my favorite people here in Daegu. I'm sure the Koreans were wondering about the three crazy Americans. It's fun to play with that. Poor Mike was traumatized by his weekend experience with his co teachers. I think I heard more about the sauna and how naked and how they were missing the concept of personal space. The poor guy was really traumatized by it. I think that's one of the reasons I haven't managed to make it to one yet... but I'm really working on the courage for it. I've made a deal with myself that by New Years I'll do it. Or... shortly there after.
I got off the subway at a different stop than my normal one to go and pick up my students books at English house. It's nice to realize that I've gotten to the point where I can get around even without Korean. I got the taxi driver to get me to the landmark near where I was headed without him laughing at my Konglish. Then I managed to get the discussion books for my students that were in the back without too much confusion. I've had to remind myself occasionally to think about how far I've come.
I got home and was talking to one of my fellow atlantans over here and it's amusing to me that he can say what he says to me. He described something as odd. Not odd shocking just run of the mill K*** odd. Yep, that's me run of the mill odd.
I wonder sometimes about who actually reads what I write. I know a few people do regularly because they have unique IPs I know who is checking on me from Philly, and Washington, Maryland is one of a couple of people. But the ones around Atlanta make me wonder. They could be any number of people. When I think about it I start to think about what I'm saying. Should I censor what I say or change it? But then I figure if I worry about what I'm saying and who is reading it I won't be as honest about what I'm doing over here.
I actually have to write up a post about my experience at the doctors last week. I had a few people laughing as I explained it today. One had fun taking out the pronouns and messing with me. But that is another post at another time.

No comments: