Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm missing things but yet... I know I'm right where I belong.

I've missed several important things in the last week back home. One was a tradition of going to see Kristian Bush and Ellis Paul after Thanksgiving. I missed a couple of small things and on Sunday I missed Diane Durrett's book release at Eddie's. When I first found out I wasn't going to still be around for the release I was a little bummed. But as time went on I knew it would be ok and I'd still hear about it. I know my Christmas present/ birthday present from Beth is a copy of Diane's book shipped to me in Korea. At school today I got a message from Michelle that she'd video taped part of it and sent me the links so I'm going to watch those clips in a minute. Then I got home after hiking down to the doctors where I am famous. I walk in and Ah... K******. One minute. Then I get called back in. I don't have to show my medical card or anything.
I did the usual take all the layers off as I waited for my computer to warm up and then I had a voice mail. It was Beth calling from Eddie's. She just wanted to let me know everyone was asking about me and where in the world I was and how I was doing. Then Trina grabbed the phone and left the sweetest message for me. Hearing that from so far away really got me tonight. As I keep saying I miss my family there so much but I know I'm supposed to be here. I'm learning and growing in so many ways I'm not sure how I'm going to feel when I get back. I do know I'm right where I belong.

No comments: