Monday, April 20, 2009

When in Korea....

I hurt my heel probably a month ago. It didn't hurt except when I stood on it for long periods of time or walked a lot. I finally figured that it was time to do something about it. I talked to my Dad and he said western medicine the best I could hope for was a shot or cortisone or some pain medicine. I was like I've been popping Advil for weeks. That's not going to cut it. I'd heard a few teachers over here talk about going to get acupuncture. Why not I figured... how bad could it really be. A few needles in my foot or something. Eh, I could take it. So I walked into school and asked Miss Kim to help me find a Chinese Doctor to try it for my heel. We found a place after school today. The doctor actually spoke pretty good English. He did an ultrasound on my heel and there was nothing wrong with the bone. He checked a few things out. Then he said I needed to get a little acupuncture. I was like ok.
I was lead into another room where he stuck a bunch of needles in my heel. Then he played with them and it was like HOLY CRAP!!!! THat HURTS! About 15 minutes later he pulled them out and handed me something to drink. The first sip wasn't bad. Tasted sort of like molasses. Then as I continued to drink the liquid. It went from not bad to oh my lord that's nasty. Then he told me I had to take more of it after the next two meals.
We'll see how it goes I figure give it 24 hours and if I feel better. I'm supposed to go back on Thursday for another treatment.

No comments: