Friday, April 24, 2009

Bullying in schools

This post isn't about Korea. It's about the load of bull that is being talked about at home. I know the programs that Dekalb county says they are using. I know about teachers and administrators SAYING that they have a zero tolerance. Note I said saying. Their actions speak much louder. I taught at schools were a copy of the Anti bulling law was posted in the classrooms. I have seen teachers and principals give lip service to the idea that they will put a stop to the bulling. I've also seen those same teachers and principals say things about gays and boys who might be slightly effeminate. I've watched them turn their backs when those students get teased. The facts are that there is a lot of lip service in the US education system and not much really happening about it in the lower grades. Once it becomes uncool in rap music and pop culture to say things are Gay then it won't be the trend so much in schools. However what get's taught at home both good and bad will come into the schools. The raising of kids to day is the job of both the parents and the teachers. But sometimes its being done by neither.

No comments: