Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Morning Smiles

Not that I wouldn't normally be happy about it being Friday morning. Today my smile was made even bigger by my walk to school. I had just turned the corner where I can see the school and many students walk this same street to school. The new safety guy was standing at the crosswalk, he's an ex VP and watches out for the students as they walk to school since there are no sidewalks most of the way there.
I heard from behind me "O-----y TEEEEEEAAACHHAAAAR!" and the sounds of little feet running. One of the little 3rd graders who loves me had spotted me and wanted to walk to school with me holding my hand. She's pretty fluent in English so she told me that she was sorry she didn't get to have class with me this week. I bowed as we walked past the safety guy who I could tell thought it was funny that this huge American was so loved by the students, and that I was holding this little girls hand. We got to the gate of the school she was joking that my hand was big. I said yes... Teacher's hand is huge. Then she hugged me and ran over to the steps where the students come in and change to their slippers. I also go a chorus from the students standing there of Hello! Hi! OOhh! Teachar!
I do really love my students... they make teaching fun again.

No comments: