Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dr. Fish Daegu... or I'd never thought I'd do that.

Last week I got dragged downtown for dinner on Thursday night. My plans of a quiet night in with an early bedtime after a busy week at school were spoiled by a friend saying the magic words... Papa Johns.... pizza, real cheese... no pickles on the pizza. Yes... it takes very little somedays. So off I headed in the freezing cold with hat, scarf, polarfleece buff, winter coat, wool socks... the layered look is very in with the expats right now cause it's cold. Not like a chilly ATL morning where an extra sweater will make the trip to school ok cold. But a it's below freezing the wind is blowing I'm walking between bus stops and subways cold. I got downtown had my pizza warmed up and started to feel more human and decided to make Jamari go with me to find the Doctor Fish place I'd seen once before. After wandering all over we found it and in doing so I've found a place I'd love to hang out much much more. It reminded me in some ways of the feel of Java monkey, just with no wine and music, but tubs of fish who will eat the dead skin off your feet.fish
I've been back once already will probably bring my co teacher down sometime... pictures will be posted soon. But now I have to go see the Art/ Talent show going on in the school today.

No comments: