Thursday, August 14, 2008

T-11 days and recap of the last week or so...

Finally home from the trip to Florida. I was ready to be back at my parents place here in Evans. It's been a long week on the road but it was good to see Family before I leave, even if it wasn't the original reason we planned for. I also got to see my nephew Dylan again... he is getting bigger and cuter every day. CIMG2178
I also got to spend some time with Mary which was nice. It's always good to see her and know that she's doing well. She gave me some assigned reading. I guess once a teacher always a teacher.
I've got pictures from Kennedy Space Center.... which handy hint for Teachers from Georgia and Florida, it's free if you have your teaching license with you. It was neat to finally see what I'd taught about and studied for years close up and it really does take more than 4 hours to see it all.
Apollo
I've now seen where my parents are going to build their retirement home... it looks like a nice little coastal town so they should be happy there once it's built.
I'm wondering how the new school year is starting for all my old colleagues since they were back with students on Monday and I don't have to start teaching again till September.
Now I'm home and have around 11 days to pack and make sure everything is ready for Korea. I had my E2 Visa waiting for me when I got here, along with my Will and other legal documents my wonderful Lawyer said I should have in place before leaving.

No comments: