Thursday, August 7, 2008

Been singing this for weeks now

Take Me As I Am
Written by Jennifer Nettles, Kristian Bush
and Jeff Cohen
The radiator says 95
But I ain’t felt a drop of heat all night
Here in this motel, there’s no telling me
nothing
I come here five nights a week
To clean the toilets and change these
sheets
My name’s Maggie Durant,
baby ain’t that something
Chorus:
If you want it
Come and get it
If you want it, come and get it
but understand
You take me as I am
I know theses corners, I know
these streets
The curb-side Prophet there
yelling at me
He can save my soul for a drink
and a dollar
Yeah, he’s yelling about my tattoos
But we all live with the scars we
choose
They might hurt like hell, but
they all make us stronger

Repeat Chorus
I’m slow to trust but I’m quick
to love
I push too hard and I give too
much
I ain’t saying I’m perfect, but I
promise I’m worth it

Now I’m standing here in front
of you
Tell me boy, what you gonna do?

No comments: