Friday, February 27, 2009

What would you do if you couldn't fail?

I was reading this blog and had one of those ah ha moments. You know the ones, where something hits you smack in the face and you can't go back from the moment something inside you has forever been changed.

I answered the question they asked "What would you do if you couldn't fail?" The answer took me completely off guard. Then I started crying realizing that one of the things I was searching for I'd found. I'm doing exactly what I would do if I couldn't fail. I've always loved teaching and travel. So teaching overseas is the perfect mix. I get to travel, and teach, and really live in another culture and explore it.

I hadn't remembered till I finally got my internet back this morning that everyone back home was off at Sugarland right now. But it did explain a few things when I was reminded of it. Does it change that I am happy being here? nope. I miss those things but overall it doesn't change that I'm happy right where I am. I'm where I belong in the world right now. I ran into one of my students last night walking home. He had the typical reaction OH! O--- teacher! Hello. We talked for a couple of minutes and he told me he was excited for Monday. He's ready for the new school year to start. I am too. Though my internal yearly clock is all screwed up with the sights of new school supplies and stacks of new books are all around. I keep thinking it should be fall, and what happened to summer? That's not how it is here it goes with the seasons and I can understand that. New things start in the Spring like the rebirth of the Earth, Fall and Winter are the closing and ending seasons.
Years of conditioning are getting reworked... and it's fun to watch and experience them. At the same time I wonder how it will feel in reverse.

No comments: