Monday, February 23, 2009

The DMZ Trip



I could talk about what I saw, and did. But really it's a place that means different things for different people. It's a place that shows how one people can be divided for over 50 years. The ribbons hanging near the Freedom Bridge are obviously new so it's not something that is going away. Growing up during the cold war, and remembering when Germany unified... it's strange to me that there are still places in the world where this isn't history... it's current events. They discovered a 4th tunnel to the South as recently as the 1990's. There is a modern train station that gets service from Seoul just waiting for a chance to be used. We drove past mine fields, and barbed wire dividing two groups that at one point were one country.
It was a really long day for me leaving my apartment in Daegu at 5am and not getting back till after 10pm. I figure the pictures will have to speak for themselves at this point.

No comments: